Sunday, March 21, 2010

Consequences makes Perfect!

It feels so good to be blogging again. I returned Friday from an 8 night cruise to Mexico and it feels so good to be back on land. The cruise was very relaxing and just what I needed to rejuvenate myself.

I worked out on the ship only four days but I did a ton of walking around the ship so I made it up. The ship workout room was well equipped with the last equipment. To my surprise there was a yogi and spin class everyday. I also took advantage of the steam room and jacuzzi after each workout.

Now, lets talk about the food parade. It was overwhelming but I was in total control. I promise myself that there would be no overeating. I gave myself a talk every morning about how important it was to eat healthy. It really helped to have that talk because I decided to eat as if I was at home. I talked about the consequences of overeating and eating the wrong foods. I learned in my psychology class about "operant conditioning" which means - learning through the consequences of voluntary behavior. Learning this before my cruise made it easier for me to avoid overeating or eating unhealthy because I thought about the consequences of this bad behavior.

This week workout is going to be hard but I am ready to get back to my normal life.

3 comments:

  1. I bet the cruise was fantastic!!! Good for you for exercising such control w/ the food and continuing to exercise while on vacation...that's so impressive! Dwayne and I are going to Panama City Beach the first week of May and staying in a condo. I'll admit I'm nervous because his eating is pretty much 80% opposite of mine and he always views vacations as an excuse to drink EVERY night....and he doesn't want to drink and eat crap alone....so yeah, I'm scared, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job on sticking to plan while on your cruise. It can be really hard to stick while you're on vacation so I'm proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you okay? Just wondering because it has been a month since you posted.

    ReplyDelete