Monday, October 19, 2009

Thank You Melissa!


I would like to thank Melissa over at (Melissa's Adventures Blog) for taking the time to honor me with the "One Lovely Blog Award." It made my day and it gives me the kick to continue on my journey.

This blogging world has been a total blessing to me and my health. I love the positive and helpful feedback. Thanks to you all for the support and encouragement. I wish you all continued success.

In Fashion: Today was the first day I felt like I was in fashion. I was not afraid of being accosted by the show "What not to wear". That would be my worst nightmare if one of my friends called the show on me. So I always try to walk out the house put together very well. My new outfit was a hit and I got a lot of positive feedback regarding my weight reduction. I felt very proud of myself. This has been a silent journey for me because I did not wanted to drag my family, friends and co-workers down that yo-yo world of dieting. This is not a diet but a life change. It's about doing not talking.

Today's exercise: Today my friend ask me to do a step class with her because she was not able to exercise over the weekend. I said yes but my heart did not want to take the class. I hate step and all that it stands for. There is no reason for me to hate that type of exercise because it's a great cardio workout. Well, I went with a positive attitude and had a blast. It was a very hard class because I was not familiar with the steps but I hung in there for 45 minutes. My heart was beating so fast that I thought it was going to run out of my chest. Now on the other hand, my friend was upset about the instructor and his jokes. We found out today that our instructor is in love with Wendy Williams so he decided to teach the class in her voice. I have to say that it was pretty annoying but funny and the other class members seemed to enjoy the act. I could tell 15 minutes into the class that my friend was ready to go so I tapped her on the shoulder and said "it's about the cardio baby not him - lets do this!" when I told her that she got fired up and finished the class real hard. She thanked me after class and acknowledge the benefits of doing it every Monday. Well, I guess it's a thin line between love and hate because the step class is my new friend.

Boundary Food List: Over the weekend I had a craving for ice cream. It was not boredom or hunger. I have no answers at this time but it went away. I just held out and told myself that ice cream has no nutritional value and it's not part of my plan. The list keeps me on my toes at all times.

1 comment: