Wednesday, December 23, 2009

"Drinking up Life"

Every part of me made it to the gym today. Oh how much I love the gym. I decided to catch a late weight lifting class and it was well worth my time. I really enjoyed the instructor teaching style. She focused on the belly and back fat. Those two areas are my trouble spots. Since this was my first time in this class I decided to set up my weights and step platform in the back of the class. The class was very small because of the holidays. I noticed no one person wanted to stand in the front of the class. So we started and instantly I felt out of place. The back of the class is not for me. I decided to move up front and it felt like I was the only person in class. I think being in the back of the class gives me permission to lag in my workout. When up front I am forced to pushed myself 100%.

Shaking up my workout in 2010: This morning I enrolled in a fencing and soccer class at my local community college. Both classes will run for 14 weeks and they meet 4 hours a week. Okay, fencing has always been my dream but soccer just came out of the blue. I signed up for this class because I want to run and this is the only class that will challenge me in this area. Signing up for classes like this is normal for me according to all my close friends. They think I am crazy but they love my ambition. So I will be a 41 year old running around with young adults. I can not wait.

Encouraging words: I would like to encourage all of my blogging friends to make a list of everything you would love to do before you get to old to do it. Don't wait because you might not get the chance to do it. Two years ago my doctor told me I had a cancerous tumor on my kidney. I could not believe cancer because I was only 39 years old but I had it. My life, my past life and my current life flashed right before my eyes. The first thing that came to my mind was - OMG! I'm not ready to die yet. The second thing that came to my mind was - OMG! why not. I realized that I was not afraid of dying but I was not ready to go. So I ask myself why are you not ready to die yet. I thought-I have not done all the things that I wanted to do in life. So that day my life changed for every. Two days after my surgery to removed the tumor and a portion of my kidney I decided to make a list of all the things I wanted to do. I got to work on doing all the things on my list. This list included things like: taking a ballet class at 280+ pounds, learning Spanish, learning to snorkel, learning to play the piano and guitar, etc. I can go on and on because I keep adding every month. I believe that the tumor was the best thing to happen because it put my life in motion. I realize that waiting to do something was not an option. I truly believe I am living a full life now. My message to you is to live your life now. I look at life like it is a tall glass of ice water-"drink it up"! Don't wait for money, or better weather, or to get skinner because there is no time for that. Make it happen. "Drink it up"!

Exercise tomorrow: Another weight lifting class.


Question of the day: What are you putting off ? What would you like to "drink up"?


I would like to wish you all a Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

  1. Great post! We should all have a list like this. You have some really interesting items on that list too! My sister in law takes fencing with her son and she is 46-you're not the oldest person trying it!-she says it's a great workout and she just loves it.

    You seem like such an interesting and fun person!

    ReplyDelete