Sunday, December 20, 2009

Good and Bad Emotions! Food Triggers

All done with my deliveries. I have to admit that it is nice to have a cookie free house again. Those cookies stirred up so many emotions - good and bad.

Good emotions: Keeping my tradition for the ones I love.

Bad emotions: Feeling guilt and shame because I did not want to bake this year. I have to admit that I have not felt these two emotions in over 5 months. Today I made a promise never to allow guilt and shame to enter my life again. My connection to food can be very emotional. I am very happy that these emotions came out because I need to deal with them to create a better me.

New traditions: My goal next year is to come up with a new tradition that has nothing to do with food at all.

Trigger points: PrettyWoman wrote on my blog about food triggers. I have to agree with her that there are foods that will set my binge radar off. I ate 4 cookies yesterday and to my surprise I did not feel the need to binge but the feeling of guilt appeared. The feeling of guilt - it was the worst feeling but I talked my way through it. The cookies also made my body feel sluggish and gross. Maybe the sluggishness triggered the guilt because I did not feel guilty until my body started to responded the sugar. It's confusing! My goal is to stay away from these kinds of food.

Back to the real world: My plan is to work out everyday this week. I can not wait to workout tomorrow.

Question of the day: Do you have a food that sets off your trigger point?

My trigger foods are rice, pasta and cheese. I can binge for days on these three foods. My goal next year is to work on my binging behavior when it comes to these foods. I would love to bring these foods back into my house again. If you have any tips for me please share. Thanks so much!

2 comments:

  1. Chocolate is my weakness! I have to make sure I really limit how much I eat, if I start to eat too much, I start craving too many other things I shouldn't have!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have went to loving low fat cheese and wheat pastas. They are really yummy.

    ReplyDelete