Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Getting Back On Track!

Today I had to talk with lazygirl about how easy it was to get back on track after Christmas. We talked about our weaknesses over the holiday and what we need to work on before next Christmas. Like I said yesterday my weakness was not controlling my portions. I let my boundaries down in that area so that is going to my focus for the up coming year. I can not use the holidays, birthdays or other celebration as a excuse to overeat.

Easy to get back on track: I believe it was easy for me to get back on track the day after Christmas because of my healthy outlook on life. Over 5 months ago I made a decision to eat healthy, exercise, stop justifying my bad habits and make a monthly plan. Putting my plan on paper has help me get back on track to a healthier me. I still have plenty of work to do in 2010 but the grass is getting greener everyday.

Exercise class today: I had weight lifting today but the instructor focused more on cardio. No complaints from me at all. The workout was tough and it made me sore but that is okay. I am still doing the time because I did the crime. Tomorrow is yoga and I will welcome it with open arms.

New blog: The day after Christmas I started a new blog call "My Life On A Budget In 2010". I decided to create this blog because I need to focus on my spending and saving habits. I have decided to attack my budget the same way I have attack my weight. The same mistakes I made before I started this journey I made with my budget. My mistakes include: not being honest about my saving and spending goals, getting distracted, overspending, not planning, putting my heart before my pocketbook, and not valuing my money. It's the truth and there is a link between obesity and bad financial decisions. So, I am on a budget and my goal is to pay all my credit cards off by the end of April. It feels good to be in control of my health and money.

Education: I was able to registrar for 2 philosophy classes that start next month. I will tackle school the same way I have my weight. It's about balancing it all out with no excuses.

Question of the day: Have you notice a link between obesity and poor spending habits?


Know that my weight is under control I feel the need to get my finances in order. It's a strange connection for me.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, just wanted to pop in and say hello. Saw you visited my blog. Happy holidays and yay for 2010!

    www.healthyshelah.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad it is easy to get back on track. I definitely agree that getting one thing under control makes you want to get other things under control too!

    ReplyDelete