Thursday, August 27, 2009

Good for the Soul!

This weekend is all about enjoying the outdoors. My plans are to take a jog on the beach tomorrow and Saturday instead of going to the gym. I need the ocean to clear my head and sinuses. Spending time on the beach is the best therapy for me. The water is so beautiful and peaceful that on most occasions I find myself tearing-up. My tears are not sad tears but tears of joy and appreciation for being on this earth.

One of my favorite times of the year is sitting on the beach in April with my best friend. We can just sit out there for hours and not say a word. We love nature because of the peace it brings to our souls.

I thank the heavens for the gift of nature.

5 comments:

  1. I know exactly how you feel about the beach. I just wish I were closer so that I could enjoy it more than once every couple of years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww what a nice post! I'm fortunate that I only live a few miles from the beach and my married daughter and family live 4 or 5 blocks away.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the beach. It's one of my main regrets for moving away from Florida. Beautiful post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for coming by my blog and commenting! I am very appreciative of the support I have found in the blogosphere thus far in my weight loss journey. I too love the beach and the ocean and nature... thanks for sharing your thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sounds like the beach is to you what the mountains are to me. Calming and meditative. I love getting outside and enjoying all nature has to offer.

    ReplyDelete